Series 3000 Trace Oxygen Analyzer
The Series 3000 Trace Oxygen Analyzers are rugged, microprocessor-controlled oxygen analyzers designed for continuous or intermittent measurement of trace oxygen concentrations ranging from 0-1 PPM to 0-10,000 PPM.
Price Range: $3,415.00 – $3,740.00
Ready to Purchase?
Click for Pricing and Options.
Custom Quote or Large Quantity?
Click here to submit a request.
Long-life Trace Oxygen Sensor
Provides up to three times the functional life of most “fuel cell” type sensors. Reliability is dramatically increased while maintenance costs are reduced.
Eliminates handling potassium hydroxide (caustic), a hazardous material or having to frequently “recharge” the electrolyte.
CO2 Resistant Sensor
Optional CO2 resistant sensor is designed to operate with sample gases containing up to 100% CO2. Conventional “fuel cell” type sensors using KOH electrolyte can be poisoned from CO2.
Affords savings of up to 50% over other manufacturers trace oxygen analyzers
Wide Measurement Ranges
Measure from under 1 PPM to as high as 10,000 PPM oxygen.
Factory calibration included at no additional charge. Upon request, NIST calibration certificates available
Visual and Audible Alarms Included along with two analog recorder outputs.
Ensures the highest level of protection and reliability.
- Ranges(parts per million): Single-range 0-10,000 0- 5,000 0-1,000 0-100 0- 50 Three-range 0-100/1,000/10,000 0- 50/500/5,000 0-10/100/1,000 0- 5/50/500 0-1/10/100
- Accuracy¹: ±1% of full scale (±5% FS 0-1ppm range)
¹Stated at constant temperature and constant pressure.
- Linearity: ±1%
- Response Time: 90% of full scale response in less than 10 seconds (typical). The response time for ranges of 0-50 PPM or less depend to a great extent on the design of the sample delivery system including the materials used.
- Sensor Type: Long-life Ambient Temperature Electrochemical Sensor(Optional CO2 Resistant Sensor Available).
- Temperature Compensation: Standard
- Operating Temperature: (both sensor and electronics): 40° to 104° F (5° to 40° C) <40° F (5° C) use heated sensor enclosure >104° F (40°) cooling of sample gas/sensor required
- Warranty: 3 years electronics, 1 year sensor
- Display: 0.4″ (10.2 mm) high, 4-1/2 digit LCD
- Resolution of Display: 0.1 ppm for ranges <100 ppm 1.0 ppm for ranges >100 ppm
- Input Power: 115/230 VAC, 50-60Hz or 18-32 VDC.
- Outputs: 4-20 mADC and 0-2 VDC standard as is a TTL output for range identification. RS-232C or RS-485 serial communication optional.
- Oxygen Alarm Relays: Three (3) SPDT Form C contacts rated 10 A @ 30 VDC/115/230 VAC. User selectable for fail-safe or non fail-safe.
- Instrument Status Alarm: Rated identically to the O2 relays
- Audible Alarm: Internal buzzer with audible cancel
SAMPLE GAS CHARACTERISTICS
- Flow Rate: 1.0 to 2.0 SCFH (0.5 to 1.0 liter/min)
- Sample Gas Temperature: 40° to 104° F (5° to 40° C)
- Sample Gas Pressure: 0.1 to 1.5 psig (0.007 kg/cm² to 0.1 kg/cm²)
- Entrained Solids: <3 mg/ft³: no in-line filter required >3 mg/ft³: in-line filter is required
- Hydrocarbon Mist: <0.7 mg/ft³: no in-line filter required >0.7 mg/ft³: in-line filter is required
- Electronics Control Unit (Bench-top without optional equipment):Polycarbonate with a hinged clear front cover, rated NEMA 4X (IP 66)
- Control Unit Dimensions: 9.45 in. (240.5 mm) height 6.50 in. (165.1 mm) width 6.20 inches (157.5 mm)
Note: All dimensions are without optional equipment
- Gas Connections: 1/4″ stainless steel compression fittings.
- Sensor Mounting: Local or optional remote mounting
- Weight: 11lbs (4.98 kg) (Standard Bench-top Configuration)
²Other mechanical configurations available-consult the factory.
³Alpha Omega Instruments reserves the right to change or modify its product specifications without notice.
The Series 3000 is housed in a general purpose enclosure and is powered from either 115/230 VAC, 50-60Hz, or 18-32 VDC. Trace oxygen values are displayed on a 0.4 inch (10.2 mm) high, 4-1/2 digit liquid crystal display (LCD). The Series 3000 is equipped with three oxygen alarm relays and one status alarm relay. All four relays are Form C (SPDT) types rated at 10 amps at 115/230 VAC and 30 VDC. The relays are user configurable for fail-safe operation. In addition to the four alarm contacts, the analyzer has a built-in audible alarm and three red LED’s for visual indication of an oxygen alarm condition. The audible alarm may be manually canceled at any time. The Series 3000 provides users with two standard analog outputs, 4-20 mADC and 0-2 VDC. For enhanced communications, the analyzer can also be equipped with optional RS-232C or RS-485 serial communications. Advantages of our trace oxygen analyzer include: – A sensor that lasts up to 3 times longer than standard trace sensors. – Flexible configuration options (explosion proof to waterproof and more). – An optional CO2 tolerant sensor. – Made in the USA and priced competitively.
A Long-Lasting Trace Oxygen Sensor
The Series 3000 Trace Oxygen Analyzer features Alpha Omega Instrument’s long-life ambient temperature electrochemical sensor that has a functional life of up to three times that of most “fuel cell” type sensors. The enhanced mechanical design of the sensor ensures longer life, and virtually eliminates leakage of caustic electrolyte, a nagging (and expensive) problem associated with sensors that require periodic electrolyte maintenance. And, because the sensor is sealed, it is not position sensitive. In addition, unlike some electrochemical sensors, Alpha Omega Instruments readings from the Series 3000 do not require manual adjustment based on changes in the molecular weights of the sample gas i.e. helium, hydrogen, etc. a major advantage for continuous measuring applications. The output from the sensor is both linear and temperature compensated to provide optimum performance. The long-life trace oxygen sensor is installed in a high integrity-leak tested metal housing that is equipped with 1/4″ stainless steel compression fittings on both the sample gas inlet and outlet. Manual isolation valves are included at no additional charge.
Flexible Configurations for a Range of Uses
The Series 3000 Trace Oxygen Analyzer affords maximum flexibility to meet the increasing demands of the industrial, commercial, and educational markets. It is available in a wide number of optional mechanical configurations from explosion proof (NEMA 7) to watertight (NEMA 4). It can also be configured with an optional remote sensor that may be placed up to 1,000 feet (approx. 300 meters) from the electronics. Depending the application, the Series 3000 can be equipped with a number of options including; sample filters, sample pumps, pressure regulators, data logger, block & bleed by-pass sampling systems, serial communications, sensor heaters, solenoid valves with internal control connections, flow meters, etc.
A CO2 Resistant Sensor
A nemesis for any conventional “fuel cell” type trace oxygen analyzer is its inability to measure oxygen in gases containing carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide reacts with potassium hydroxide electrolyte to form carbonic acid and in short time destroys the sensor. Not anymore. Alpha Omega Instruments offers an optional CO2 tolerant trace oxygen sensor with proprietary electrolyte. The CO2 tolerant sensor is capable of providing accurate oxygen readings in gases containing up to 100% carbon dioxide without shortening the life of the sensor.
Made in the USA and Priced Competitively
The Series 3000 Trace Oxygen Analyzer is priced significantly less than most other manufacturers, and it is manufactured as well as quality control tested here in the United States. In fact, our product quality is emphasized throughout the manufacturing process starting with raw material vendor surveys through final assembly, testing, and system calibration. We’ve also earned an exceptional reputation for presale and after-market support for over 25 years.