Deploying a permanently mounted oxygen deficiency monitor in areas where inert gases are stored or piped is highly recommended. Like most things in life, not all oxygen deficiency monitors are the same. Alpha Omega Instruments Series 1300 Oxygen Deficiency Monitor has an array of features and safeguards that makes it today’s premier monitor.
The Series 1300 is a digitally-controlled instrument with a measuring range of 0-30%. Oxygen values are displayed to the nearest tenth of a percent on a high contrast front panel liquid crystal display (LCD). The monitor is housed in a resilient polycarbonate, wall mountable general purpose enclosure. Standard input power to the Series 1300 is 90-264 VAC, 47-63 Hz. and 18-36 VDC powered systems are available. The eloquence of the Series 1300 is its simple operation, as well as its ease of expandability. Included are four individually adjustable Form C alarm relays, each rated at 10 amps (250 VAC). The Series 1300 can be programmed to provide a maximum of nine individual alarm events. Two scalable analog outputs (4-20 mADC and 0-20 mADC) are standard, as is RS-232 serial communications. Each Series 1300 includes an internally mounted audible alarm rated at 85 decibels (nominal) as well as visual alarm indicators. The Series 1300 can control up to a maximum of 8 remote optional horn and strobe alarms.
- Measurement Range: 0 to 30%
- Accuracy: ±1% of full scale
- Response Time: 90% of full scale response in < 20 seconds (nominal)
- Sensor Type: Extended life electrochemical sensor
- Temperature Compensation: Standard
- Operating Temperature: 50° to 104° F (10° to 40°C)
- Humidity: 99% maximum (non-condensing).
- Product Warranty: Three years for both sensor and electronics
- Calibration: Calibrated at factory with certificate of calibration
- Display: 4 Line by 20 character LCD
- Input Power: Universal 90 to 264 VAC, 47 to 63 Hz standard. Optional 18-36 VDC
- Standard Outputs: Two 0-20 mADC or 4-20 mADC, user configurable.
- Serial Communications: RS-232 standard, RS-485 optional
- Oxygen Alarm Relays: Four (4) SPDT form C contacts rated 10A (250 VAC) 5A (100 VDC)
- Alarms may be cleared manually or automatically (latching), user configurable.
- Audible Alarm: Internal audible alarm with specific alarm canceling accessible via menu
- Electronics Control Unit: Light gray polycarbonate, equivalent to NEMA 1 (IP 30). Wall mountable.
- Electronics Control Unit Dimensions: Depth: 3.5 in (90.1 mm), Width: 6.3 in (159.2 mm), Height: 10.8 in (274.9 mm)
- Sensor Mounting: Either within the electronics enclosure or within a remote sensor enclosure.
- Sensor Inputs: Up to a maximum of three. One local and two remote sensors.
- Optional Remote Sensor Enclosure: Light gray polycarbonate equivalent to NEMA 1 (IP 30).
- Optional Remote Sensor Enclosure Dimensions: Depth: 3.5 in (90.1 mm), Width: 6.7 in (170.2 mm), Height: 6.1 in (154.9 mm)
- Weight-Electronics Control Unit: 3.2 lbs. (1.45 kg)
- Weight-Optional Remote Sensor Enclosure: 0.8 lbs. (0.36 kg)
ENHANCED ELECTROLYTE SYSTEM (EES)
The Series 1300 can be equipped with a local oxygen sensor and/or up to two remote sensors. The sensors featured in the Series 1300 are extended life electrochemical oxygen sensors designed with a proprietary Enhanced Electrolyte System (EESTM) that extends the life expectancy of the sensor to years instead of approximately 12 months typical of most “fuel cell type” sensors. The oxygen sensors in the Series 1300 are designed with open diffusers eliminating the need to use sample pumps. Alpha Omega Instruments backs each Series 1300 oxygen sensor with a full three-year warranty. Users can expect sensor life well beyond 5 years, helping to ensure reliable and trouble free performance.