TEC Controller – Series 800
The Series 800 Thermoelectric Cooler Controller represents a significant advance in state-of-the-art TEC controllers.
For complete product specifications, please click on the “Resources” tab below.
Complete Digital Programmability
Ensures maximum control with an easy to use front panel interface.
Exceptional Control Stability
Provides long term temperature stability of <0.002º C.
Obtain tight temperature control with quick response and fast settling time.
Automatically adjusts the critical operating parameters for enhanced performance.
Dual Digital Displays
Simultaneously displays set point and actual temperature for on-the-spot assessment.
- Control: Uni-polar or Bi-polar, constant current, PID with Auto-tuning. User can select P, or P&I control only.
- Compliance Voltage: 15 VDC
- Maximum Output Current: Up to 10 amperes Standard Maximums: 2, 4, 6, 8, or 10 amperes.
- Maximum Output Power for Controllers: Standard Maximums: 30W, 60W, 90W, 120W, and 150W
- Temperature Sensors: 100 ohm RTD, Types E, J, K, N, and T thermocouples, thermistor, AD590/592, and LM35/135/335 as well as external voltage and current inputs.
- Sensor Temperature Ranges for Standard Sensors:
- Thermistors can operate on one of two ranges (0 to 99.99 Thermistors can operate on one of two ranges (0 to 99.99 Higher and lower temperatures can be measured depending upon the sensor type.
- Long Term Stability: < 0.002º C
- Noise and Ripple: < 1 mA
- Front Panel Displays: Two 4 digit LED displays, RED-for actual temperature GREEN-for set point temperature
- Display: Thermoelectric Cooler temperature and set-point temperature in ºC or ºF (user-selectable) with an RTD, thermocouple, AD 590/592 and LM135/335. For a thermistor, the display is in Kohms.
- Display Resolution: Thermistor 100 Kohm range, 0 to 99.99K or 10 ohms 1 Megohm range, 0 to 999.9K or 100 ohms For other sensors, such as RTDs, thermocouples, AD590/592 and LM35/135/335 sensors, the resolution is 0.1 ºC.
- AC Power: 115/230 Volts AC, internally selectable, 47 – 63 Hz.
- Internal Cooling: Two (2) Fans
- Weight: 12 pounds (5.443 kg) maximum
- Dimensions: 4.9 in.(124.46 mm) Height 7.2 in. (182.88 mm) Width 10.6 in. (269.24 mm) Length Note: All dimensions are without optional equipment
- I/O Connections: Thermoelectric Cooler, Temperature Sensor, AC Power, optional EIA/RS-232/485 (using MODBUS¹ protocol)
- ¹MODBUS is a registered trademark of Modicon, Inc., Industrial Automation Systems.
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 50ºC (32°F to 122°F)
- Warranty: Two years
The Series 800 Thermoelectric Cooler Controller represents a significant advance in state-of-the-art TEC controllers. In the past, TEC controllers required a significant amount of hands-on operation to provide satisfactory performance, particularly when variations in the load and/or environmental conditions existed. The Series 800 Thermoelectric Cooler Controller utilizes advanced control technology, in combination with auto-tuning capabilities, to provide unprecedented performance. The controller features proportional, integral, and derivative (PID) control that provides exceptionally tight control over a wide temperature range. The auto-tuning feature helps to ensure maximum performance over a broad spectrum of operating conditions. Auto-tuning sets the critical PID terms to match the conditions of the application and provides fast response while minimizing over-shoot and under-shoot. From the user’s perspective, the need to make frequent manual adjustments has been virtually eliminated. RS-485 serial communications is standard. RS 232C is optional.
The Series 800 Thermoelectric Cooler Controller has five standard output power ratings:
- 30 watts – 2 A @ 15 VDC
- 60 watts – 4 A @ 15 VDC
- 90 watts – 6 A @ 15 VDC
- 120 watts – 8 A @ 15 VDC
- 150 watts – 10 A @ 15 VDC